Friday 11 May 2012

Pikes Playground - Colour challenge

Wow.  Check this one out!

http://dustinpike.blogspot.co.nz/2012/05/feeling-colorful-its-challenge-time.html

My favourite colours are orange and yellow so guess who just loves this challenge!  After the week that I have had, it was great to work with such cheerful colours for this challenge.

My card:



What I will say with this photograph is that the red colouring is not photographing red.  I used copic marker R46 on both the skirt and the bottom layer of the flower but they are looking a bit brownish in this photograph (they look red on the card!)

I used a bright yellow cardstock for the card blank.  I have layered one of the papers out of the Crafty Bitz pack that I bought recently.  The next layer is a piece of sheer ribbon that I have had in my craft stash for absolutely ages.  The image is a freebie from a recent Pikes Playground challenge and the sentiment is from Digi Doodles.  Both of these have been layered onto yellow glitter cardstock.  The flower was individual flowers that I have coloured with copic markers and layered together.  The original colours were grey, ochre and white and coloured with R46, YR07 and Y08.  The centre is a red rhinestone.

I hope you like my cheerful and colourful card.  It certainly cheered me up after the damage done to my car on Wednesday.

I didn't get the freebie from the last Pikes Playground even though I did a follow up e-mail in case it got lost in cyber space.  I assuming my card wasn't quite up to standard.  I'm hoping that this one will be okay and that I get the freebie as the sneak peak looks interesting.

UPDATE:  I received the freebies from this challenge and the previous one today.  Seems I wasn't doing anything wrong - they were just late being sent.  Great freebies too.  There is a new challenge there now - a sketch one - so will have to have a go at that.  The freebie looks interesting too - possibly a chef?

4 comments:

  1. This card made me giggle... I wonder how a yellow penguin would survive anywhere but in Dustin's mind? Your bg papers are gorgeous! Sorry about the freebie... let Dustin know if you still haven't received it. He's been busy with kids and sports so it might be taking him longer. Thank you for joining us at "Pike's Playground."
    Hugz,
    Gramma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing along with us this week
    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card. Thank you so much for joining us at "Pike's Playground" this week. I sure hope to see you again soon.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    DDS DT
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. fab card, thanks for joining us at DDS :)

    ReplyDelete