Sunday 10 June 2012

Whoopsie Daisy challenge - summer colours

With today being a dreary winter's day, it is really nice to work on a summer themed challenge:

http://cutedaisymay.blogspot.co.nz/2012/06/summer-colours.html

Summer in New Zealand runs from December through to February so I could have done a Christmas card!  However, most of my Christmas images have a northern hemisphere feel to them, so I'm going with this card:

Summer makes me think of bright colours and fresh fruit (hence the jam image).  The girl had a very girlie feel to her so I added some lace to the card.
To make the card, I used a paper from Kate Knight Totally Tropical Summer Papers as a background paper.  I matted this Whoopsi Daisy Image (called cf) with a paper from Crafty Bitz and then a hand cut border from white coloured with copic marker to match the rose colour in the background paper.  The image has also been coloured with copic markers.  There is a layer of white lace under the matted image and rhinestones on the lace and also the matt for the image.

I have left the sentiment off this card at the moment as I am adding it to my card stock.  I will add a sentiment to the inner when I decide who it is going to be for.  It could be just to say hi or could be for a birthday - I'm yet to decide!

1 comment:

  1. This is a pretty, summery card Suze, I love the way you have matted the image.
    Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete