Saturday 26 January 2013

Marker and Brush container

I have had my brushes and some markers sitting in a plastic cup waiting for me to get around to creating something better:


This project is for the challenges at:
Stamptacular Sunday - stamping + fairy fever
http://stamptacularsundaychallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2013/01/challenge-199-fairy-fever.html
Sparkle and Glitter - Anything but a square
http://sparkleandglitterwithrick.blogspot.co.nz/2013/01/challenge-8-anything-but-square.html
Pixie Dust Studio - No squares allowed
http://pixieduststudiopixiechallenge.blogspot.co.nz/

I drink alot of drinking chocolate and end up with alot of empty containers.  This one I have managed to put to good use - we won't talk about how many others are waiting to be done!!

First, I applied a layer of Gesso to the container.  Then I painted a light blue acrylic paint over the top.  The images have all been stamped onto tissue paper and then applied using Mod Podge.  The stamps are an acrylic set from Whimsy Stamps. The images have been coloured with watercolour pencils.  I then applied some ribbon top and bottom.  I'm pleased with how this turned out and have it sitting in front of me while I am working - much better than looking at a cheap plastic cup!

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to recycle! You have made a super cute and very useful pencil/marker holder. I may have to give this a go as I currently stare at plain plastic cups whilst colouring. Thanks for the inspiration and Thanks for playing along with us at Sparkle and Glitter with Rick :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for a pen holder, Suze! And this turned out so cute--love the image & coloring! Thank you for sharing this with us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge. Hope to see you again next week! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea, really creative! Beautiful image and lovely colours!!
    Thank you for playing along with us at Stamptacular sunday challenge, hope to see you again next week!

    Hugs Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. great project! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Sparkle and Glitter with RickStDennis!

    ReplyDelete