Sunday 20 January 2013

O Little Town of Bethlehem

Last year I had a shortage of more religious themed cards.  This one will help to prevent that problem  this year!


This card is for the following challenges:
Lady Anne's Progressive Christmas Challenge
http://www.ladyanneschallenges.com/christmas-challenge.html
CHNC - Anything Christmas
http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk/

The image for this card was a supplied image for the progressive christmas challenge at Lady Anne's.  The image comes from Crafting with Jack. I printed the image out twice - once on cardstock and the other on paper.  I made a mask of the image using the paper copy and then stippled Distress Inks on the cardstock.  The Distress Inks that I have used are Mustard Seed, Dusty Concord and Forest Moss.  I then used the Dusty Concord with a wet brush and brush stroked over the stippling of that colour to give it more of a realistic random sky look.  The image and stars have been coloured with copic markers E11, C7, W7, G99 and Y08.  The stars have some Glossy Accents added to make them twinkle.






6 comments:

  1. Love the process you used to make this image look so great. Thank you for playing along with our Christmas challenge using the image from Crafting with Jack
    Love ~ Lady Anne
    Lady Anne's Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you've used masking with this image. I have this from Lady Anne, but haven't made my card yet - you've certainly made a good job with yours - thanks for entering it into my CHNC challenge extra for January x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card love the masking. The Crafting with Jack images makes a great religious themed card. Thanks for joining us for the Christmas Progressive Challenge at Lady Anne's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suze~This card looks so great. Lady Anne mentioned that she would like for all of us to comment on each others cards so that we would become a closer group so I am trying to do just that. I love the stippling you did. I need to try that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card. I love your sky. Looks like a sunset. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and great masking, looks wonderful! =)
    Thanks for joining us at the Christamas Challenge!
    Hugs, Elenor DT

    ReplyDelete