Monday 14 January 2013

Winter Wonderland Sugar Plum Fairy

This card started from the theme of the challenge at Pixie Dust Studio:
http://pixieduststudiopixiechallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2013/01/winter-challenge.html
I am also entering this card into the challenge at CHNC - reindeer are resting:
http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/chnc-challenge-107-rudolph-is-hiding.html
and the monthly challenge at CHNC
http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/chnc-challenge-extra-for-january.html
and the challenge at Tuesday Alchemy - Hopes, Dreams and/or Resolutions
http://tuesdayalchemy.blogspot.gr/2013/01/challenge-47-hopes-dreams-resolutions.html

I decided the colour scheme for this card from the sentiment from Decossé's Dynamite Doodles.




The card uses background paper from a paper pad by MME called Moments.  The colours matched the sentiment perfectly.  I then coloured the Sugar Plum Fairy image using the same colour palette.  The sentiment has been die-cut using a ribbon banner die-cut from Spellbinders.  I have added three snowflakes (also a Spellbinders die) to the top of the card with some matching pearls in their centres.

This card may be a bit of a push for Tuesday Alchemy but looking at the image she looks like she is hoping for something or dreaming of something.   I really like this card and want to show it off!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card - thanks for entering it into both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Suze. This card turned out absolutely beautiful. I can't get over how well the word art matches with the rest of the design. What a wonderful feeling. It is like seeing all your little babies growing up and off on their own to find their place in the world. I'm like a proud mama! Thanks for the link. I'll be honoured to post it in the gallery. You know you could also enter this card into the Tuesday Alchemy challenge. I know you have one there but entries are unlimited. However, you'd have to get it in by noon PST today which is 3:00 pm EST and given you are just getting your morning started you still have time to enter. I'd love to see you have another chance at the prize and with such a great card to boot!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete