Tuesday 4 June 2013

Fruitful Star

A combination of a star and circles on this card:

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Sweet Sketch Wednesday - Sketch
http://sweetsketchwednesday.blogspot.co.nz/2013/05/sweet-sketch-wednesdays-sketch-208-make.html
Doodle Pantry - Anything Goes
http://doodlepantryblog.blogspot.co.nz/2013/06/doodle-pantry-digital-challenge-35.html
All That Stickles - Turquoise
http://allthatstickles.blogspot.co.nz/2013/05/turquoise-linky-party.html

And here is the sketch:

I have been having difficulty in finding Stickles so that I could participate in the All That Stickles challenges.  All that may have changed now as I visited my brother at the weekend and found a shop near him that stocked Stickles - so of course, I now have a number of colours and hopefully can participate more in the future!  My first colour had to be turquoise so I could participate in the current challenge!

The background is a paper from a blue paper scrap pack.  The green and red circles have also been cut from papers from paper scrap packs.  The image is from Doodle Pantry and coloured in copic markers, then cut out using a large scallop circle die by Spellbinders.  I added some turquoise Stickles to the scallops.

14 comments:

  1. I LOVE this card! I have this image from DP and it looks great with your trio of circles, and the blinged Stickles border totally makes it pop. I love it so much, I had to share it on the ATS Facebook page to inspire others. Pop by to see what everyone thinks.
    ~ Cathy, ATS DT
    https://www.facebook.com/allthatstickles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suze, hope your not too cold today. Have to come to Hamilton tonight to bring my son back to school and watch his Hockey game in the cold and wet which I'm not looking forward too. Love your card such a sweet star image of fruit and your circle with ribbon. Wonderful embellishments perfect finishing touch to a lovely card. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card and love your take on the sketch and love the stickles - thanks for joining us at DPDC 35.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love having stickles on hand to use too. Your cartd is adorable I love how you have the fruit in the star. Thanks for joining us.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh . . . sparkly! Great card. Thank you for joining us at SSW this week. Holly x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all th sparkle and great image. Happy that you could join us at SSW.
    Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a lovely job with the image. I love following Sweet Sketches....really helps me. Everything in your image I make into a smoothie...including the strawberry hulls...haha Thank you for joining us in our June challenge at Doodle Pantry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card!! Love the addition of the stickles, so fun. I want to thank you for joining us at both Sweet Sketch Wednesday and the Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card!! Love the added sparkle!!
    So glad you played along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!!
    Blessings to you!!
    Sally SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card with wonderful sparkle to it, great take on the sketch too! Thanks for joining us at the DPDC#35!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terrific card Suze. Love this new DP image and fun colors it brings to your card. Love that added sparkle too. Thanks for playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
    Sharon, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. That star worked perfect for the sketch! Such a sweet creation! Thanks for linking up in Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge 35!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the combination of this DP image with the sketch. Great card. Thanks for joining us for DPDC35!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So SUPER cute!! I love this image, and the way you have used it, is such an inspiration! Thank you for joining us at the Doodle Pantry June Challenge #35. And hope to see you back next month! Have a HAPPY DAY!!
    Lorianna DPDT

    ReplyDelete