Sunday 26 January 2014

Time For A Play

I bought some new stash yesterday and wanted to try it out.  I have made more of an abstract card (for me) this time.  I bought some Gelatos Colors from Faber Castell yesterday and wanted to have a play with them.  I have never used anything like this before but they were in my two favourite colours so couldn't resist!  I can see I need a lot more practice but it was fun playing with them.  I also bought some new washi tape so decided to add that too!

I am entering the following challenges:
Sparkle and Glitter - Anything Goes
http://sparkleandglitterwithrick.blogspot.co.nz/p/january-2014-freebie-challenge-starts.html
Jellypark Friends - Buttons and/or Bows
http://jellyparkchallenges.blogspot.co.nz/2014/01/jellypark-friends-new-challenge-buttons.html
Love To Create - Button It Up
http://lovetocreatechallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2014/01/challenge-99-button-it-up.html


I have used some background paper from Teresa Collins.  The image is from Rick St Dennis and coloured with my copic markers.  I have used the Gelatos to create a background around the image on the Spellbinder die-cut.  I added a couple of different washi tapes across the card - couldn't resist adding the one with the word "Denis" on it!

10 comments:

  1. Kudos to you for trying a new technique and using a new product! I've never tried Gelatos, but I hear many love using them. Lovely card. I especially like the addition of the washi tape as it adds just enough interest without taking over the whole card. Great job!

    Thanks for playing along with Sparkle and Glitter's January Anything Goes Challenge!

    ~ Lady B
    RSD EDT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your card turned out using your new stash..
    Nothing better than playing with new stuff :-)
    Gorgeous card. Thanx for playing at sparkle an glitter hope to see you again next challenge
    Mo
    RsD edt

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty project. I haven't tried Gelatos before but will be looking for them now. Love how you've coloured Baby Baccus.
    Thanks for playing along with Sparkle and Glitter's January Anything Goes Challenge!
    Sue
    RSD EDT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely, Suze. The gelato bg is great! Thanks for joining the Jellypark Friends challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card! Thanks for joining us at Love To Create this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project, and use of a new medium!
    Thank you for sharing your "Button it Up" project with us at Love to Create Challenges this week.
    Ruza, LTC Admin/Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's what crafting is all about hun trying different techniques, your card is gorgeous, thanks for joining us at Jellypark and friends, Gaynor x

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOoooh lovely new stash and such a fun way of trying them out. Love the "Denis" touch. Thank you for sharing your art with us at RSD's Sparkle and Glitter

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful piece of art. Thanks for joining us at RSD's Sparkle and Glitter.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card. Great coloring on the image. Thanks for sharing with us at Sparkle and Glitter.
    Peace,
    KristyLee
    (RSD EDT)

    ReplyDelete