Thursday 19 June 2014

Around The World

When I had an inspiration picture such as this one:


I couldn't resist using this image of a Dutch girl.  My Dad's ancestry can be traced back to The Netherlands.  His ancestors travelled by boat from The Netherlands to what was then called New Amsterdam (now New York).  Admittedly, the boat wouldn't have been anywhere near as fancy as the boat in this picture!

Anyway, here is my interpretation of that picture:


I am entering my card into these challenges:
Just Inspirational Challenge - Photo Inspiration (above)
http://justinspirationalchallenges.blogspot.co.nz/2014/06/team-with-sassy-studio-designs-and-art.html
Friday Sketch Challenge - Sketch
http://fridaysketchchallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2014/06/sketch-71-by-shirley.html

I have used an orange patterned background paper overlaid with a paper from Create with TLC.  The image is from Sassy Studio Designs and has been coloured with copic markers.  I added some orange glitter tape from American Crafts, a foam flower and I used orange cardstock for matting.

2 comments:

  1. What a cute Sassy image. I heard that the Netherlands won the other day at the World Cup. LOL Anyway love the bright and cheerful colors reminds me of the beautiful flowers that get shipped here from there. Want to also thank you for playing with us at Just Inspirational Challenges.

    Katya Bess
    JIC DT
    Kattyxotica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! She's adorable and you've really captured the theme of the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along at JIC! Melissa DT

    ReplyDelete