Sunday 17 August 2014

Scribbles - Animal Planet Challenge

The middle of August seemed to come around really quickly!  It is time for a new challenge at Scribbles Designs.  The theme is Animal Planet - so wild or domestic it doesn't matter. As long as it has fur, feathers, or fins, it qualifies.  If you would like some inspiration, then head on over to Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog - here is my inspiration card:


I am also entering my card into these challenges:
Whoopsi Daisy - Fussy Cutting
http://cutedaisymay.blogspot.co.nz/2014/08/fussy-cutting-use-scissors-to-cut.html
Alphabet Challenge - N for Natural (raffia)
http://alphabetchallengeblog.blogspot.co.nz/2014/08/n-for-natural.html

I have used a background paper from DCWV - I think the pad is called Safari. The image is from Scribbles Designs and is called Foxy Peek A Boo.  I fussy cut around the paws to give the impression of peeking around the corner - the remainder of the image is die-cut with a Spellbinder rectangle die.  The sentiment is from Paper Dreams of Mine.  I coloured both the image and sentiment with copic markers E08, R59, E02, RV14.  I added some deep burgundy coloured mesh ribbon, some brown raffia (which I also tied in a bow) and some pacifica style embellishments.  The faux stitching is done with Marvy Le Plume No. 6 Brown.  I haven't used this in quite a while so I was surprised it still worked!






4 comments:

  1. A real cool card, wonderful colour mix. Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card with stunning colouring Suze

    Mines up if you have time to take a look

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is he - what a great fun design. Thanx for playing along at the Alphabet Challenge this time.
    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Whoopsi Daisy

    ReplyDelete